Lead Cashier Position
Position Status: Closed
Positions Available: None currently
Must be able to work weekends and holidays
Are you a multi tasker and have the patience of Job? We need a friendly face, an eye or two for detail and someone who can tell shapes and colors apart. Did we mention that you need to retain information and realize that the seasons change?
The registers are usually indoors by a phone, but we have one outside during May, June, July, August & September.
You are our last impression on the customers and sometimes the first so we want and need you to make it positive.
We have been helping grow trees, plants, peoples knowledge and a sense of community for over 4 decades. Doing a good job, helping bring happiness to our customers, and looking out for our fellow peers are most important.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- At least 1 year of register or customer service experience
- At least 1 year of experience in a lead or manager role
- Outstanding customer service skills
- An ability to multi-task, especially during busy times
- A passion for being accurate and efficient!
- Willingness to follow processes and procedures
- Able to comfortably and repeatedly lift 40 lbs
- Able to work standing, bending, moving, or lifting 100% of the day
- Able to stand behind a register for an entire shift (up to 8 hours)
- Must work well in a team
- Must be willing to work weekends and holidays
- Plant knowledge is a plus!
- Create and maintain schedule for all cashiers
- Train cashier team
- Greeting customers
- Team up with management to help maintain inventory
- Answering phones and transferring calls
- Maintaining a clean and inviting environment
- Completing the Opening and Closing Checklists
- Perform all operational procedures accurately and in a timely fashion
- Provide a high level of individualized customer service. Exceed customer expectations by building genuine, long lasting relationships with our guests through personalized attention.
- Have knowledge of and share with customers all in store events.
- Assist in training and development of peers.
- Possess effective and positive communication skills.
- Working with other team members to complete tasks as needed
We are looking for someone who is:
- A wonderful leader
- Friendly and outgoing
- A great communicator
- A team player
- Organized and dependable
- Eager to learn and grow!
Hourly based pay. $16-$22 per hour.