Nursery Facility Assistant Position
Position Status: Closed
Positions Available: None currently
Must Be Able To Work Weekends + Holidays
Our Nursery Facility Assistant is key to providing outstanding Customer Service. This is a job that is full of variety, from helping customers load their vehicles to rounding up and securing carts, to helping with all types of set-ups and take down projects. You’ll find yourself unloading trucks, setting up and taking down fountains & birdbaths and assisting with product placement. All of our internal departments count on our Nursery Facility Assistant to assist them and meet the needs of our employees and customers on a daily basis.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Able to offer outstanding service to our customers
- Able to prioritize and multi-task, especially during busy moments
- Loves to work both inside and outside in all weather conditions!
- Can you walk at least 2 miles daily to cover a 2 acre retail site?
- Able to repeatedly lift and carry up to 50 lbs. throughout the day
- Able to work standing, bending, moving, or lifting 100% of the day
- Must be willing to work weekends and holidays
- Lead customer service staff
- Loading soils, plants, and other large items into customer vehicles
- Maintaining a clean and inviting nursery environment and parking lot
- Returning shopping carts left outside the store front to the nursery yard
- Keeping the soil pallet area clean and organized
- Assisting in unloading trucks
- Restocking hard goods, fertilizers and other plant care products
- Helping with heavy lifting throughout the nursery
- Working with other team members to complete tasks as needed
- Building and taking down fountains
We are looking for someone who is:
- A great leader
- A great communicator
- A team player
- Eager to learn and grow!
$14-$16 per hour depending on experience