Planting + Delivery Position
Position Status: Now hiring
Positions Available: Full time
Must Be Able To Work Weekends + Holidays
No cubicles here- outside is the place! A variety of work experiences from Tahoe to Hawthorne, Bishop to Susanville.
Physically demanding with personal rewards for a job well done and some tips. An eye and desire for detail and a thirst for knowledge about plants are favored.
Pay range is $14-$22 per hour and usually several hours of overtime in the spring and summer. Advancement, training, medical insurance, sick days and bonuses are possible after your first year. We have been helping grow trees, plants, peoples knowledge and a sense of community for over 4 decades. Doing a good job, helping bring happiness to our customers, and looking out for our fellow peers are most important.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Show customer service skills
- Able to offer outstanding service to our customers
- Able to prioritize and multi-task, especially during busy moments
- Loves to work both inside and outside in all weather conditions!
- Can you walk at least 2 miles daily
- Able to repeatedly lift and carry up to 100 lbs. throughout the day
- Able to work standing, bending, moving, or lifting 100% of the day
- Must be willing to work weekends and holidays
- Gather materials for jobs
- Load materials for planting or delivery
- Plant or deliver materials
- Maintain vehicles and advise for maintenance
- Maintain nursery grounds as needed
- Tree and shrub pruning and removal
- Be observant of plants and site and act accordingly
We are looking for someone who is:
- Plant savvy
- Hard working and motivated
- Willing to learn and take instruction
- Strong enough to lift 100lbs regularly
- A good communicator
Hourly based pay. $14-$22 per hour.