Position Status: Available
Positions Available: Seasonal Part Time
Must Be Willing To Work Weekends + Holidays
We’re looking for an artisan to assist with potted arrangements at our potting desk! As an artisan you should have the ability to create in-store designs that uphold the Greenhouse Garden Center aesthetic. You should be self-motivated and an effective problem solver with a good eye for design. This is an entry level position that does require plant knowledge and a background in floral or plant design is preferred. You must have a good eye for style and the use of color to make great designs under the direction of Greenhouse Garden Center. You’ll be responsible for the highest level of customer service through expert knowledge and leadership within the potted design team. Must have a flexible schedule and be able to work weekends and holidays.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Horticultural knowledge and floral design preferred
- Must understand the GGC aesthetic and work together with our creative team to ensure compelling arrangements and displays
- Must exceed customer expectations by providing superb customer service
- Great at time management, efficient worker
- A passion to learn about and care for plants!
- Must have strong self-starting motivation
- Ability to use basic hand tools, wire and glue guns
- Must be physically fit and able to comfortably and repeatedly lift 50 lbs
- Able to work standing, bending, moving, or lifting 100% of the day
- Must be a team player and have great communication skills
- Must have a really outgoing and friendly personality
- A desire to learn is a must!
- Must be willing to work weekends and holidays
- Build genuine, long lasting relationships with customers through thoughtful, personalized attention.
- Guide customers toward specific products that will meet their needs and their unique personal style
- Ensure prompt follow up to customer questions and concerns
- Communicate daily with supervisors and associates across departments. Supports teamwork between departments
- Has awareness of product trends that are relevant to Greenhouse Garden Center
- Has an understanding of art, style, and the use of color to make beautiful designs
- Uphold department and visual standards of product (i.e. product must be stocked, clean, properly signed and retail ready)
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe workspace
- Maintain plants and potted arrangements
- Working with other team members to complete tasks as needed
- Able to take direction well
We are looking for someone who is:
- A great communicator
- A team player
- Eager to learn and grow!
Hourly Based Pay- Depending on experience