Position Status: Available
Positions Available: Seasonal Full + Part Time
Must Be Able To Work Weekends + Holidays
We’re looking for an experienced nursery pro to work in our greenhouse and outside nursery grounds. You’ll work with customers and answer tons of questions, help with display designs and plant selections to better sell merchandise, plants, and trees, take care of our nursery stock, assist in the creativity aspect of the store by way of merchandising, help to keep the gardens clean and well organized, and of course, above all else… spread good feelings to everyone you interact with!
Please Note: Plant ID skills are desired and you must have a willingness to learn. If you do, bring it! We’d love to have you aboard! Ooh and one more thing…the ability to identify plant pests and diseases would be a major plus! But of course, not necessary! ☺
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- At least 1 year experience in a nursery environment or be able to demonstrate plant knowledge and planting skills
- A desire to learn is a must!
- A passion to learn about and care for plants!
- Must have outstanding customer service skills
- Must be physically fit and able to comfortably and repeatedly lift 50 lbs
- Able to work standing, bending, moving, or lifting 100% of the day
- Must be a team player and have great communication skills
- Must have a really outgoing and friendly personality
- Must have strong self-starting motivation
- Merchandise knowledge in the categories of outdoor nursery and accessories preferred
- Must be willing to work weekends and holidays
- Assist in applying the Greenhouse Garden Center aesthetic to enhance the visual impact of our green goods
- Work productively with the team and take initiative to work with others toward a common, collaborative goal
- Helping customers to find plants and answers questions about their gardening projects or interiorscapes
- Answering plant and pest/disease questions in person and over the phone
- Possess effective and positive communication skills
- Greeting customers throughout the nursery yard, greenhouses and gift shop
- Stocking, watering, and maintaining plant displays
- Assisting with receiving as directed by store managers
- Gathering plant selections for customers and landscapers
- Helping load customer vehicles
- Working with other team members to complete tasks as needed
- Be flexible. Know that sometimes priorities will change within a given day or week
- Provide a high level of individualized customer service. Exceed customer expectations by building genuine, long lasting relationships with our guests through personalized attention
- Have knowledge of and share with customers all in store events
- Assist in training and development of peers
We are looking for someone who is:
- A great communicator
- A team player
- Eager to learn and grow!
Hourly Based Pay. $10.50-$13 per hour or Depending on Experience.