Nursery Sales + Customer Service Position
Position Status: Accepting Applications for Spring/Summer Positions
Positions Available: Full + Part Time
Must Be Able To Work Weekends + Holidays
Do you love the great outdoors?! You won’t find canned air here- you’ll get a tan!
We run 7 days a week and you can have 2 days off together with the same schedule almost every month. Hours and days are somewhat flexible, but a weekend day will be required.
The work is physical and quick, so no standing around. The more you do and do well the more flowers you can buy and more money you can make. Pay is $11-$20 per hour depending on your attitude, knowledge, go getterness, and peer helpfulness.
Training, advancement, medical insurance, and sick days are available after your first year.
We have been helping grow trees, plants, peoples knowledge and a sense of community for over 4 decades. Doing a good job, helping bring happiness to our customers, and looking out for our fellow peers are most important.
It won’t be frolicking in the flowers but you will learn over 100 new flowers each year.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- At least 1 year experience in a nursery environment or be able to demonstrate plant knowledge and planting skills
- A desire to learn is a must!
- A passion to learn about and care for plants!
- Must have outstanding customer service skills
- Must be physically fit and able to comfortably and repeatedly lift 50 lbs
- Able to work standing, bending, moving, or lifting 100% of the day
- Must be a team player and have great communication skills
- Must have a really outgoing and friendly personality
- Must have strong self-starting motivation
- Merchandise knowledge in the categories of outdoor nursery and accessories preferred
- Must be willing to work weekends and holidays
- Assist in applying the Greenhouse Garden Center aesthetic to enhance the visual impact of our green goods
- Work productively with the team and take initiative to work with others toward a common, collaborative goal
- Helping customers to find plants and answers questions about their gardening projects or interiorscapes
- Answering plant and pest/disease questions in person and over the phone
- Possess effective and positive communication skills
- Greeting customers throughout the nursery yard, greenhouses and gift shop
- Stocking, watering, and maintaining plant displays
- Assisting with receiving as directed by store managers
- Gathering plant selections for customers and landscapers
- Helping load customer vehicles
- Working with other team members to complete tasks as needed
- Be flexible. Know that sometimes priorities will change within a given day or week
- Provide a high level of individualized customer service. Exceed customer expectations by building genuine, long lasting relationships with our guests through personalized attention
- Have knowledge of and share with customers all in store events
- Assist in training and development of peers
We are looking for someone who is:
- A great communicator
- A team player
- Eager to learn and grow!
Hourly Based Pay. $12-$20 per hour or depending on experience.